Penne Sausage and Cheese
I hope you like it as much as we did!
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- 4 oz
- mushrooms, fresh
- 1 pkg
- eckrich skinless smoked sausage
- 2 c
- penne pasta
- 1 jar(s)
- ragu cheese sauce
How to Make Penne Sausage and Cheese
- 1put your water on to boil for your pasta because this takes the longest
- 2chop onions, mushrooms and smoked sausage into bite size pieces
- 3preheat skillet, add olive oil. When skillet is hot, add onions, mushrooms and sausage. I added items one at a time so that I knew they were cooked but adding them together might make it a bit easier.
- 4saute sausage mixture until it is done to your liking. By this time your water should be boiling. add your pasta.
- 5set your kitchen timer for 10 minutes. Add cheese sauce to sausage mixture and stir together. Turn burner to low and simmer while pasta is cooking. Now is a good time to clean up in the kitchen especially if you don't have a wonderful husband like me who cleans up after you.
- 6When pasta is done, drain and rinse thoroughly to remove the excess starch. Put pasta back into pan. Stir in sauce. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes.