Penne Sausage and Cheese
I hope you like it as much as we did!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspolive oil
4 ozmushrooms, fresh
1 pkgeckrich skinless smoked sausage
2 cpenne pasta
1 jar(s)ragu cheese sauce
How to Make Penne Sausage and Cheese
- put your water on to boil for your pasta because this takes the longest
- chop onions, mushrooms and smoked sausage into bite size pieces
- preheat skillet, add olive oil. When skillet is hot, add onions, mushrooms and sausage. I added items one at a time so that I knew they were cooked but adding them together might make it a bit easier.
- saute sausage mixture until it is done to your liking. By this time your water should be boiling. add your pasta.
- set your kitchen timer for 10 minutes. Add cheese sauce to sausage mixture and stir together. Turn burner to low and simmer while pasta is cooking. Now is a good time to clean up in the kitchen especially if you don't have a wonderful husband like me who cleans up after you.
- When pasta is done, drain and rinse thoroughly to remove the excess starch. Put pasta back into pan. Stir in sauce. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes.