- 4 oz. pancetta or your favorite bacon, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. tarantino italian sausage, or your favorite brand
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups diced plum tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 lb. dry penne pasta, cooked and drained as pkg. directs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Pasta Tarantino
- 1In large pot over medium high heat, saute pancetta to brown and render the fat. Add onion and saute to soften. Add garlic and sausage. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly to break up meat and brown evenly.
- 2Stir in wine, tomatoes and tomato paste, simmer for 20 minutes. Add parsley and adjust the seasonings.
- 3Mix sauce with pasta. Serve in pasta bowls topped with Parmesan . Makes 6 to 8 servings.