Orange and Cranberry Glaze for Ham
Haven't made this lately so I used a Google image til Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh cranberries, chopped fine
- 1 c
- unsweetened orange juice
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- dijon or whole grain mustard
- 2 to 3 tsp
- horseradish (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 2 to 4 tsp
- sugar or sugar substitute, to taste
How to Make Orange and Cranberry Glaze for Ham
- 1In a small saucepan (or microwaveable bowl), place all ingredients except sugar/sugar substitute.
- 2Stir well and cook over medium low heat until thickened, remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add sugar or substitute to taste. Mixture should be tart, but not astringent.
- 3Alternate Microwave method: Stir well. Microwave on high until the mixture thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stirring several times during cooking. Set aside to cool. Add sugar or substitute to taste.
- 4Spread glaze over the ham during the last hour of cooking, repeat glazing once or twice. If glaze begins gets too dark cover with foil to avoid burning.