One Pan Whiskey Pork Chops!
This is a recipe I've made many times and its amazingly good! Its from a foodie named Skystone from Boeme, TX. That picture is from the first time I made it!
4-6oz.bone-in center cut pork chops-trimmed and seasoned with salt & pepper
2/3 cfat free sour cream
2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/2 tspthyme, dried
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspkosher salt
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 cchopped onion
1-8oz. pkgsliced baby bella mushrooms
How to Make One Pan Whiskey Pork Chops!
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine the sour cream, water, flour, salt,pepper and
thyme in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the seasoned pork chops and saute 5 mins on each side or until golden. You really need to get a good sear on them!
- Remove pork from pan. Add onions and mushrooms and saute for 3 mins.
- Add whiskey, cook 1 min, or until most of liquid evaporates.
- Stir sour cream mixture into pan.
- Return pork to pan and spoon sauce over the pork.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans or any of your favorite vegetables. Spoon the gravy over the pork and the potatoes!