- 2 lb
- pork spareribs
- 2 32-oz jar(s)
- sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- juniper berries
- 2 large
- onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- tart green apples, cored and wedged
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
How to Make Oktoberfest Ribs
- 1Evenly layer ingredients into a large stew pot or Dutch oven in this order: Sauerkraut, juniper berries, onion, apples, brown sugar and ribs.
- 2Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 2-3 hours, until ribs are very tender.
- 3Wine suggestion: Pour a chilled Gewurztraminer.