North Carolina BBQ Pork in the Smoker
How to Make North Carolina BBQ Pork in the Smoker
- First mix equal parts of Apple Cider and Apple Cider Vinegar. Begin injecting the mixture into the thawed Pork Butt. Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the Pork Butt from the refrigerator. Season the meat with salt to your liking, then follow up with the rub, covering, top, bottom and sides. Wrap in foil, then refrigerate overnight.
- On day 3, place the Pork Butt in a foil roasting pan and place uncovered in a smoker. 275 degrees for 8 hours. We prefer apple wood for smoking pork. Cherry wood is nice also. (Fat side up)
- Remove the pork from the smoker, wrap in foil, then return to the smoker for another 3 hours. You want an internal heat of around 190 degrees in the Pork.
- Remove from the smoker, keep covered and wrapped. Allow the pork to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Using forks, begin to pull the pork apart. You may also chop the pork.
- Serve with North Carolina BBQ Sauce or any other of your favorite sauce and sides!