Newark Style Italian Hotdogs
We traditionally serve it on a Portuegese roll, but we have a hard time finding anything like that in Texas. A long Italian type roll is good too.
- 3 large
- green or red bell peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large
- onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 medium
- red potatoes
- 1 pkg
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- brown mustard
- portuegese rolls
How to Make Newark Style Italian Hotdogs
- 1boil potatoes for 15 minutes, rinse to cool and slice with or without skins on into large, bite sized pices.
- 2In Sautee pan sautee peppers, onions and potatoes and fry until soft. add hotdogs and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until hotdogs are as cooked as you like them.
- 3slice Portuegese rolls and spread mustard on inside. Scoop veggies into roll first and then 2 hotdogs. yummmmmm!
- 4~~~The Great Hot Dog Debate~~~
- 5Hubby and I have different "favorite" hot dogs. I was raised on Ball Park all Beef and he was raised on Nathans or Hebrew national Kosher Franks. When we make this dish we buy 2 packages of hotdogs, throw some of mine in and some of his in and freeze the leftover ones. Yes, we really do this. We really do! It has kept the peace for 26 years! LOL