New England Clam Boil
- soft shell clams - 1.5 - 2 lbs. per person
- hot dogs - 1.5 per person
- chourico/linguica - 1.5 lb per person
- sausage links - 1.5 per person
- medium potatoes - 1.5 per person
- onion 1.5 per person
- 1-2 qt
- 12 ounce beer
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make New England Clam Boil
- 1Wash clams in warm water, and soak in cold water and salt while you start cooking. (no more than 10 minutes)
- 2In a Large pot, bring beer and 1 - 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add spices such as salt, crushed pepper, and garlic.
- 3Add your potatoes and onions. Just before they are finished cooking, add your chourico or linguica and sausages.
- 4When your linguica and sausages are almost done cooking, add your hot dogs since they are precooked.
- 5Cook your hot dogs for 2 minutes and add your fresh steamers (clams). As soon as your clams open, they are done.
- 6You can melt some butter for dipping and reserve broth to keep your clams warm as you eat.