My Sausage and Hashbrown Casserole
1 lbmild pork sausage
1 lbhot pork sausage
2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 can(s)campbell's cream of chicken soup
1 csour cream
8 ozcontainer of french onion dip
1 cchopped onion
1/4 cchopped bell pepper
1/4 cchopped red bell pepper
30 ozpkg. frozen hashbrowns, defrosted
·salt and pepper to taste
2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese for topping
How to Make My Sausage and Hashbrown Casserole
- Cook sausage with onions and peppers. When sausage is no longer pink, lift out of skillet with slotted spoon. Set aside. Save drippings in skillet.
- In a mixing bowl mix cheddar cheese, chicken soup, sour cream, French Onion Dip. Then set aside.
- Heat drippings in skillet, adding some cooking oil if needed. Pour hashbrowns in skillet and add salt and pepper. Cook until slightly browned. Pour into large mixing bowl to cool.
- Now mix the sausage mixture with the hashbrowns. Then add the soup mixture and combine all well.
- Pour entire mixture into a 3 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 degrees, covered, until hot and bubbly, about 30-40 min.
- Remove from oven and add more cheddar cheese and return to oven uncovered until well melted, about 5 min.