My Grandma's goulash
- 1 1/2 lb
- hamburger or diced pork
- 32 oz
- can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- green diced chili. fresh green chili if you have it.
- 1 can(s)
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 5-6 large
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- water (hint..warm water helps it simmer a little quicker)
How to Make My Grandma's goulash
- 1This recipe is done all by taste.So its impossible to estimate quatities of spices.
But you will need: Garlic salt, cumin, mexican oregano, salt and pepper.
- 2Fry meat with the onion and salt and pepper. (drain off and rinse if using ground beef). Fry potatoes. In the stew pot large enough to add all ingredients in. This makes a lot.
- 3After meat is thoroughly cooked and potatoes are about done (my grandma always made sure that some of the potatoes were fried w/ some crisp ones). Add meat to potatoes along with the tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, green chili, water. Heat should be about medium.
Then season with more salt, pepper, garlic salt, oregano and cumin (cumino)all to taste. My grandma never measured a thing. LOL simmer for about 20-30 mins. We always eat it with home made tortillas.