Mum's Tuesday Night Spare-Ribs (Revised)
Now we bbq year round and it's our main source for cooking. Saves on hydro both summer and winter and just tastes better.
My husband doesn't care for them done my Mum's way so this is what he came up with. They are very good, but NOT good for you. The sauces have a lot of salt and sugar :( Being diabetic, I will only eat 5 or 6 ribs and work it into the balance of my meal.
P.S. lol it's Sat. and I made these tonight :)
VH = brand name for a garlic cooking sauce. Check your stores for similar products.
- strips of pork spare ribs (sweet & sour style)
- 1/4 c
- vh medium garlic sauce for spare-ribs
- 1/4 c
- vh honey garlic sauce for spare-ribs
- 1 large
- can of regular tomato sauce (instead of vh sauces)
How to Make Mum's Tuesday Night Spare-Ribs (Revised)
- 7Pour VH sauces over ribs in pot and mix around to coat ribs. Put pot back in oven (uncovered) for 1/2 hour.
To make Mum's original ribs, this is where you would pour the can of tomato sauce on the ribs and follow the recipe to the end. Potatoes go better with this method than rice. I think so anyway :)