Mother's Day Special Sammie
Diane Hopson Smith
Even though I learned a lot from my mother about cooking (after I was on my own). I didn't learn a whole lot about making sandwiches until I joined Sherri's sammie group here on JAP. My inspiration comes from all you awesome cooks in this group! My mother made sandwiches but she never dressed them up like we do here in the "Sandwiches, Sammiches, Sammies" group!
Mom this sammie's for you! RIP
- monterey jack cheese, sliced
- olive salad mix
- turkey, slices
- ham slices
- everyglades seasoning, to taste
- rye bread
- salad dressing, of choice, i used sesame dressing
- dijon mustard
- artichoke hearts, marinated
- yellow bell pepper
How to Make Mother's Day Special Sammie
- 1Mix salad dressing and dijon mustard, spread on inside slices of bread
- 2Saute the bell pepper in a little of the oil from the olive mix until tender; add Everglades Seasoning.
- 3Layer meat and cheese on one slice, and veggies on other slice.
- 4Serve sammie as is or grill in a heavy skillet prepared with oil from olive mix (or butter both outside pieces of bread); brown on both side; serve.