Mostaccioli, roasted red peppers and Sausage
- 3 large
- roasted red peppers
- 8 oz
- button mushroom, sliced
- 1 1/2 lb
- bulk italian sausage (sweet or hot)
- 1 lb
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 c
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- oregano, dried
- 2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp
- thyme, dried
- 1 pkg
- pecorino-ramano cheese shaved
How to Make Mostaccioli, roasted red peppers and Sausage
- 1Julienne the roasted red peppers and set aside.
- 2Cook the sausage until done and set aside.
- 3In the same pan, ( turn heat down to medium high) pour olive oil and deglaze pan. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until limp.
- 4Add remaining spices and saute for 2 minutes.
- 5Add sausage and red peppers to pan and keep warm.
- 6Cook mostaccioli according to al dente directions. Combine all ingrediants together in a large serving dish and serve with shaved pecorino-ramano or parmegiano-reggiano cheese.