Mostaccioli, roasted red peppers and Sausage
★★★★★ 2 votes5
3 largeroasted red peppers
8 ozbutton mushroom, sliced
1 1/2 lbbulk italian sausage (sweet or hot)
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 cfresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cfresh basil, finely chopped
2 Tbsporegano, dried
2 tspsalt and pepper
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
1 Tbspthyme, dried
1 pkgpecorino-ramano cheese shaved
How to Make Mostaccioli, roasted red peppers and Sausage
- Julienne the roasted red peppers and set aside.
- Cook the sausage until done and set aside.
- In the same pan, ( turn heat down to medium high) pour olive oil and deglaze pan. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until limp.
- Add remaining spices and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add sausage and red peppers to pan and keep warm.
- Cook mostaccioli according to al dente directions. Combine all ingrediants together in a large serving dish and serve with shaved pecorino-ramano or parmegiano-reggiano cheese.