Mo's Ham Bone Soup
All the hunters loved this soup and I never had any left overs.
This recipe was given to me by Mo, a camp cook in Canada.
I survived 6 weeks of camp cooking and the last week I had to put bag balm on my hands. Then put my hands into socks, when I went to bed, because they were so sore.
- ham bone (left over)
- extra ham, cubed
- carrots, onion, celery & potatoes, diced
- 3 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon granules
- 1 pkg
- split peas, washed and drained
- 1/2 c
- pearl barley, uncooked (washed and drained)
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- marjoram, dried (mo had this in all her recipes, but i never added it)
Keep the broth.
Skim off fat.
Add extra ham cubes.
Add diced carrots, onion, celery & potatoes.
Add chicken bouillon, peas and barley.
Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer.
Simmer for an hour, until all is done.
Salt to taste if needed.
This is really good with home made bread or rolls.