Mom's Scalloped Potatoes with Pork Chops
- 6 large
- 1 large
- onion, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pork chops or pork steaks
- 1/4 c
- flour, fo browning chops
- 1 can(s)
- condensed mushroom soup
- 1/2 can(s)
- water, use soup can to measure
- sweet hungarian paprika
How to Make Mom's Scalloped Potatoes with Pork Chops
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel potatoes and slice them. Place potatoes in a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish or baking pan. Add sliced onions and mix. Sprinkle pepper over potatoes and onions.
Coat pork chops with flour and brown in hot skillet in a small amount of oil. Arrange pork chops on top of potatoes.
- 2In a small saucepan heat soup with water. Mix well and pour over pork chops and potatoes. Sprinkle paprika over everything. Cover baking pan with foil and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove foil and return dish to oven for another 10-15 minutes to brown.