How to Make MOM'S FAV ROAST DINNER--CROCKPOT
- Place the frozen roast into the crockpot.
Do not add additional water.
Do not salt and pepper or add any additional seasonings to the meat.
- Top the roast with both pkgs.of dry onion soup mix.
Spread 1 can of soup on top of the crusted roast...do not dilute the soup.
- Cook in crockpot till meat is seperating from the bone and any connective tissue has softened or even melted into the meat.
This can be done on high or low depending on your schedule for that day...both work just fine.
- Remove the roast to a serving platter ...leaving broth inside the crockpot.
Using a wire wisk..stir in remaining can of cream of mushroom soup.
Add a little flour at a time and stir w/wire wisk till gravy thickens to desired consistancy. I use probably 1/4 cup at most but it will depend on the volumn of broth left by the roast.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and corn or green beans.
Your roast will be flavorful and juicy and will not taste like cream of mushroom soup at all.
You can do this with any type of roast and it will work beautifully. I've personally eaten & cooked pork, beef, venison & buffalo. **if using venison or buffalo, check 2-3 hours in to the cooking and add a bit of water if necessary--these meats do not have fat of their own to contribute to the broth for gravy.