Mexican Pulled Pork
- 2 1/2-5 lb
- pork shoulder blade roast (boston butt cut)
- 6 clove
- garlic, cut into slivers
- garlic powder
- 3/4 c
- chicken broth
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (to taste)
- bay leaves
How to Make Mexican Pulled Pork
- 1Season pork with salt and pepper. In a medium sauté pan on medium-high heat, brown pork on all sides for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 2Using a sharp knife, insert blade into pork, cutting small holes and insert garlic slivers. Season pork generously with cumin, adobo and garlic powder all over.
- 3Pour chicken broth in the crockpot, add bay leaves and chipotle peppers. Place pork in crock pot and cover. Cook low for 8 hours. After 8 hours, shred pork using two forks and combine well with the juices that accumalated at the bottom. Remove bay leaves and adjust salt and cumin (you will probably need to add more). Let it cook another 15-30 minutes.