Melt In Your Mouth Roast Beef
Kimmi Knippel (Sweet_Memories)
To add some taste...I add worcestershire sauce & garlic powder w/ parsley. Mmmmmmm! It doesn't get any better than that!
- 3 - 5 lb
- roast (see notes below)
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- kosher or sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 - 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- pan drippings (including flour)
- 1 env. pkg
- mccormick au jus gravy mix
AU JUS: (OPTIONAL BUT OH SO WORTH IT!)
QUICK AU JUS:
How to Make Melt In Your Mouth Roast Beef
- 5Place roast on wire rack in roasting pan (or can use aluminum foil pan). Rub worcestershire sauce all over roast. Rub mixture all over roast.
NOTE: If using lean cuts of meat that have very little fat...place a stick of butter in pan (cut up). The finest restaurant use this trick to prevent meat from drying out. Plus it would add flavor to the au jus (if making from quick version).
NOTE: Types of meat that will work with this are...
boneless beef rump roast, eye of round, beef tenderloin, bone-in rib eye roast, sirloin tip roast, prime rib, bone-in standing rib roast, boneless turkey breast, pork tenderloin, venison or whatever else you can think of.
- 6COOKING TIMES:
Rare: 4 1/2 minutes per pound - DO NOT OPEN OVEN!!!
Medium Rare: 5 1/2 minutes per pound - DO NOT OPEN OVEN!!!
Well Done: 7 - 8 minutes per pound - DO NOT OPEN OVEN!!!
(but who would want to do that - it would ruin the meat totally!)
- 7When done cooking, turn oven off & DO NOT OPEN OVEN OR REMOVE THE ROAST. Let oven completely cool, about 2 - 3 hours. The most important part of this is NOT OPENING OVEN!!!
NOTE: The roast needs to be as thick as wide.
NOTE: If using boneless turkey breast - cook it the same way but the turkey needs to stay in in oven for at the very least 8 hours after the oven is turned off. And I would also use Tony Chachere's Injectable Marinade to keep it moist. They have different flavors you can try out...
Butter (which is the one I usually use)
Roasted Garlic & Herb
Butter & Jalapeno
Honey Bacon & BBQ
Praline Honey Ham
- 8When oven is cool, remove roast & place on cutting board, cover with foil & let rest 5 - 10 minutes for juices to settle.