Mel's Pulled Pork
3-4 lbpork roast
4 Tbspolive oil
2 cjarred bbq sauce - any style
1/4 cyellow mustard
1/8 cwhite vinegar
1 largepeach, quartered
1 tspdried basil
1 tspdried sage
1 mediumwhite onion
How to Make Mel's Pulled Pork
- Heat the olive oil in pan on stove top on medium - medium high heat. Place pork roast in pan and brown all sides.
- While roast is browning place all other ingredients in a blender and liquify, until smooth.
- Place roast in a crock pot and pour juice/oil from pan over meat. Cover meat with BBQ sauce mixture and cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 on high.
- Once meat is cooked it should be a big tender hunk of awesomeness! Go ahead and pull on the bone and it should slide right out. Remove as much of the fat as possible. And using a slotted spoon (or any means necessary) remove most of, or all of, the meat.
- Set the BBQ sauce aside and return meat to crock pot.
- Using 2 forks shred the meat and then add BBQ sauce back to the meat a little at a time until your desired consistency is reached. (Quick tip:You can always add more sauce but you can't remove it once it's in so don't overdo it.)
- If the pork is cool, reheat it on the keep warm setting for about 10 minutes.