Mediterranean Pasta & Sausage Skillet
The pictures are mine :)
- links sweet italian sausage (casings removed and sliced)
- 8 oz
- box penne rigate (don't use too much)
- 14 1/2 oz
- can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 6 oz
- jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 oz
- can black olives, drained, pitted and whole or as many as you like
- 1/2 c
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- bunch, fresh asparagus
- 1-2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 2 tsp
- sweet basil, dried or fresh
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, shredded or as much as you like
How to Make Mediterranean Pasta & Sausage Skillet
- 1Helpful notes** Have the sausage links semi frozen, makes them easier to slice. I took the casing off.
I rinsed the pasta to keep the pasta from absorbing all the sauce as I like the sauce to sop with and also to keep it al dente'.
- 2Cook the pasta per the directions on package. Drain and set aside. If you can time it right, cook it just before adding to the rest.
- 3Take the casings off the sausage links and slice the the links. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus and slice into 1 inch pieces.
- 4In a large skillet, saute sausage and asparagus, until almost fully cooked, no need to put any oil in. (about 10 mins). Remove from skillet and set aside. In the same skillet, bring butter, garlic, tomatoes with juice, black olives and artichokes, including artichoke marinade to a boil. Lower heat and add back the sausage and asparagus. Add basil and oregano and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.