Medallions Of Pork with Red-Wine Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 slicepork loin, boneless and trimmed of fat, 3 ounces each
1/2 cred wine
1 tspbalsamic vinegar
1 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspshallots, finely chopped
1 Tbspginger, grated
1/2 tspthyme, dried
How to Make Medallions Of Pork with Red-Wine Sauce
- Place pork slices on a flat surface; pound lightly with a mallet, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine ginger, thyme, vinegar, bay leaf, clove, wine and honey in a bowl and blend well.
- Place sliced pork in a dish and pour mixture over it; marinate for 10 minutes.
- Drain the pork medallions and pat dry; reserve marinate.
- Place meat in a single layer in skillet in the hot oil; cook for 5 minutes, turn and cook for 5 minutes more over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and cook meat for 2 minutes more; transfer meat to a dish and keep warm.
- In skillet add the shallots and cook stirring until wilted; add the reserved marinate and cook, stirring and scraping the bottom.
- Cook until marinate is reduced to 3/4 its original amount.
- Swirl in the butter and pour the sauce over the medallions.
- Remove bay leaf and sprigs of thyme before serving.