1 Tbspolive oil
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspdijon mustard
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 lbground beef
1 lbpork sausage
3/4 cbread crumbs
8 ozthin sliced bacon
3-4 slicecheese (whatever kind you want)
How to Make Meatloaf Extraordinaire
- Preheat oven to 350*. Prepare 9x13 baking dish by lining it with aluminum foil to make cleanup easier. A baking rack may also be placed in the dish to keep drippings away from the meatloaf.
- Heat oil in skillet. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except cheese) in a large bowl. Mix well. Add 1-2 more tablespoons of milk if the mixture sticks to bowl.
- Place 1/2 meat mixture into a loaf pan. Pat into pan, pushing the center lower than the sides, creating a kind of bowl or trough. Place cheese into the center. Put remaining 1/2 meat mixture on top of cheese, making sure to seal the meat around the cheese. (This can also be done freehand, instead of using a loaf pan.)
- Turn pan over onto work surface so loaf is released. Arrange bacon slices, crosswise, over loaf. Overlap slightly and tuck the ends under to prevent curling.
- Place into foil lined baking dish and bake about an hour, until bacon is crisp and the internal temp is 160 degrees.