So many things can be done with this meatball, anyway you choose, it's sure to be a hit! (ideas listed in instructions)
and BONUS...they freeze well for up to 3 months!
3 slicebread, hard crusts removed
1 lbground beef
1 pkg16-19 oz of sweet italian sausages, casings removed, if using links
1 mediumonion, small dice
2-3 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated stuff in a can/jar
1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspfresh ground black pepper
How to Make Marvelous Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a 11x17 pan (approx) with foil, set aside.
In a small bowl, add bread and pour milk over. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
(Bread is formulated for 3 average slices of white bread, if using something different you may need more or less)
- Squeeze excess milk from bread, crumble into a large bowl, discarding milk, add in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Your hands will work the best. :o)
Shape into 1 1/2" balls. (a large cookie scoop works wonderfully) Place onto prepared pan, leave at least 1/2" between each meatball. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- As I said in the note above...These can be used so many ways.
- with your favorite marina sauce on a garlic toasted hoagie roll with provolone or mozzarella
- with your favorite spaghetti/marina sauce over pasta OR on a small bun with mozzarella as a slider.
- with a home made sweet and sour sauce over rice or egg noodles
- with a rich beef gravy over mashed potatoes
- or alone with caramelized onion and mushrooms over top (MY Favorite)