Marie's I Want More Ribs!!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a simple and delicious recipe! The Kitchen Crew and I particularly liked the sweetness of the rub - paired with a spicy barbecue sauce it's simply scrumptious. We prepared these totally in the oven, but I can't wait to try them on the grill too! The Test Kitchen
4 lbpork ribs
3/4 clight brown sugar
1 tspsmokehouse maple (grill mates, mccormick)
1 tspmesquite (grill mates, mccormick)
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper (mccormick)
1 Tbspgarlic powder
2 cbarbecue sauce (mine is bulls eye)
How to Make Marie's I Want More Ribs!!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees f. Peel off tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
- Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.
Apply rub to ribs on all sides.
- Lay ribs on two layers of foil, shiny side out and meaty side down.
Lay two layers of foil on top of ribs and roll and crimp edges tightly, edges facing up to seal.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is starting to shrink away from the ends of the bone.
Remove from oven.
- Heat broiler.
Cut ribs into serving sized portions of 2 or 3 ribs.
Arrange on broiler pan, bony side up.
Brush on sauce.
- Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.
Turn ribs over.
Repeat on other side.
- Alternately, you can grill the ribs on your grill to cook on the sauce.