Margie's Quick & Simple Meatloaf
2 lbground sirloin
16 ozbob evans original breakfast sausage (tube roll)
1/2 tspsage, dried
2 slicebread heals crumbled
1 Tbspblack pepper
1green pepper diced (if desired)
How to Make Margie's Quick & Simple Meatloaf
- Preheat oven 375
- Slice 4 rings from Vidalia onion and set aside. Dice the remaining onion, dice green pepper (if desired), mince garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix ground sirloin, sausage, diced onion, diced green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and sage, mix evenly. Crumble bread and add egg, again mixing evenly.
- shape meat into a loaf and place in a 7x11 glass baking dish. Top with sliced onion rings. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or longer for welldone.
- remove from oven, let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In the past I have also baked with bacon strips on the top. I usually will make a marinara on the side or gravy of some sort.