March Madness Insanity Sub Sammie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- hoagie rolls, split but not completely through
- 1/3 c
- buttermilk dressing, homemade or commercial
- 1/4 c
- mayo, more or less
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 6 slice
- good salami, such as genoa
- 4 slice
- good deli ham
- sweet pepper, any color
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- monterey jack cheese (several)
- 1 c
- shredded swiss cheese
- pickled jalapeno pepper
How to Make March Madness Insanity Sub Sammie
- 1Place the hoagies, cut open on a baking sheet and place under broiler and toast until lightly browned. Remove.
- 2In a saute pan, heat up the oil, and slice the pepper and onions and place in the pan, letting it sear nicely, but not cooking until completely done. Leave al dente.
- 3Take the buttermilk dressing and add mayo until it is quite thick,add the mustard, stir and then "paint" the hoagies on the toasted side until well covered.
- 4Place three slices of salami on each hoagie, and then 2 slices of ham. Divide the peppers and onions between the two.
- 5Cover each with the slices of Monterey Jack, and then half of the swiss. Add the Jalapeno pickled slices down the center of each and place back into the oven (turn the oven off) and leave until the cheese has melted.