Manicotti eggplant bake gone wild
Irisa Raina 9
You can get the Mexican tomato sauce at some markets, and of course if you have a Mexican store near you “ we do & makes life so much easier “ you can get it there, and of course you can get it on line at MexGrocer.com
And if you are using the Rotel’ tomatoes or plain tomato sauce remember to season it, with salt, pepper etc.
- 4 ounces “ about 7” manicotti pasta
- ½ medium to large eggplant
- 3 chorizo sausages “ casings removed” i used johnsonville
- ½ recipe “holy mole’ meat pie filling “ recipe posted on jap
- olive oil for frying eggplant
- parmesan cheese or what ever cheese you have or like
- 1 – 27 ounce can of el pato mexican style tomato sauce “ this is hot” so if you don’t like the heat use rotel’ tomato’s. or just plain tomato sauce.
- 5 cloves roasted garlic smashed “ can you really have to much garlic???”
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar “ or to taste”
How to Make Manicotti eggplant bake gone wild
- 3Remove casings from chorizo and fry “ loosely “ remove from pan but do not discard grease.
- 5Once the eggplant is soft remove, discard any grease and wipe with paper towel to get as much of the grease out as you can.
Try not to remove any of the burnt on pieces of the chorizo because that is where the flavor is.