Mango Roast Pork Loin1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- curry powder
- 4 c
- pineapple, fresh and diced
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 3.5 lb
- pork loin, boneless
- 2/3 c
- mango chutney
- curry-pineapple rice, see recipe below
- mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- ginger, freshly minced
- 1 Tbsp
- cilantro, minced
How to Make Mango Roast Pork Loin
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place butter and curry powder in skillet; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add pineapple and stir to coat.
- 4Add pineapple juice and broth and bring to a boil on high heat; boil 8 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, trim pork of excess fat, leaving a thin layer on top of the meat; place, fat-side up, in a shallow roasting pan.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, scoop up pineapple and place around the meat.
- 7Place in the middle of a preheated 350-degree oven; roast for 1 hour, uncovered.
- 8Meanwhile, reduce juice-broth mixture by boiling on high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes - You want to reduce it by half in volume.
- 9As the pork roasts, if pan look dry, spoon a little of this reduced juice-broth mixture over the roast to baste it - If preparing rice, reserve 1 cup of juice-broth mixture; set aside.
- 10Remove roast from oven and season with a little salt and pepper.
- 11Spread chutney over the top of the roast, covering sides and ends; return to oven and roast, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes (roast should have an internal temperature of 150 to 160 degrees).
- 12Add more juice-broth mixture to pan if it looks dry.
- 13Prepare Curry-Pineapple Rice, if desired.
- 14Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 15If using, place rice on serving platter.
- 16Arrange pork slices, overlapping each slice to form a pattern.
- 17Prepare mango relish by tossing sliced mango with ginger and cilantro; place around the pork, if desired and serve immediately.
- 18Curry-Pineapple Rice: Place 1 cup of the juice-broth mixture and 3 cups of water in a large saucepan.
- 19Add a pinch of salt; bring to a boil.
- 20Add 2 cups of long grain rice, cover and reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, for 18 minutes - If any liquid remains cook a few more minutes.
- 21Remove lid and fluff with a fork.
- 22If desired, stir in some of the pineapple wedges that cooked with the pork.