Mama Rose's Lasagna
Reposted here on June 4th.,2011
1/2 lbground beef
1/2 lbground pork
1/2 ceach of finely chopped sweet onion,green and red peppers
1 tspseasoned salt
1 26 ozjar of tomato and basil spaghetti sauce ( i used ragu
9no boil lasgna sheets
16 ozsmall curd cottage cheese
2 tspgarlic powder,divided
1 tspitalian seasoning
1/2 cparmesan or romano cheese ( the shaker type cheese )
2 citalian blend cheese ,divided
How to Make Mama Rose's Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, the first seven ingredients along with 1 teaspoon of the garlic powder.
Cook until meat is browned and veggies are tender.
- Drain and return to skillet add spaghetti sauce stir well ,turn to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, mix together eggs and cottage cheese.
- In a lightly greased or sprayed 11x 8 inch baking dish,add 1/3 of the sauce.
- Place 3 sheets of lasagna side by side,place 1/3 of cottage cheese/egg mixture over the lasagna.
- Top with 1/3 of the Italian cheese blend, and sprinkle 1/4 cup of the parmesan/romano over that.
- Mix together the remaining garlic powder and Italian seasoning, and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Top with 3 more of the lasagna sheets side by side, top with another 1/3 of the cottage cheese/egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 more of the Italian cheese blend,spread 1/3 more of the meat mixture over the cheese.
- Place the last 3 of the the lasagna sheets over the meat,top with the last of the cottage cheese/ egg mixture,with a slotted spoon add remaining meat over the cottage cheese /egg layer.
- Top that layer with the remaining 1/3 of the Italian cheese blend, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan/romano cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is light browned and bubbly.