- 1-inch pork chops
- salt and pepper-to taste
- ground cayenne pepper-to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- flour -spread on plate
- 2 medium
- bell green peppers-i used roasted red peppers
- yellow onions -cut long strips
- 3 clove
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 3 dash(es)
- worcestershire sauce
LOWCOUNTRY SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS BY PAULA DEEN
How to Make Lowcountry smothered pork chops by Paula Deen
- 1Trim fat off of pork chops.
Season well with salt,pepper,cayenne pepper
- 2Melt butter in Skillet over medium heat. Lightly roll chops in flour and shake off excess flour.
- 3Put in skillet. Brown well about 3 minutes on each side and remove to a plate.
- 4add bell peppers and onions and saute til soft. about 3 mins. Stir in garlic and push vegetables to the side and add pork chops.
- 5cover chops with vegetables and add broth and worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook for 45 min or until tender.