Lotus Root Meat Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground pork
2 stalk(s)green onion
1 Tbsprice wine
2 sticklotus root
2 Tbspcanola oil
1 dash(es)salt and pepper
How to Make Lotus Root Meat Pie
- To make meat pie filling: mix together ground pork, green onions, add in rice wine, ginger, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and let it marinate for 20 minutes at least.
- To make batter: Add 1/2 cup of water to flour, mix well. Add 1 egg and mix until batter is smooth and without clumps.
- Wash lotus roots thoroughly then chop into 1/3 inch thickness slices.
- Assemble: Take a spoonful of meat filling and sandwich it evenly between 2 slices of lotus root. Dip meat pie in batter.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil on the pan, and fry meat pies. Fry both sides until golden brown, around 5 minutes each side. Enjoy!