Logan's Smoked Boston Butt Kalua
10-12garlic cloves, sliced in half
1/4 csmoked olive oil
1 bunchparsley stems, chopped
1 Tbspred pepper flakes
3 Tbsphawaiian red sea salt
1 Tbspsmoked sea salt
1 Tbspgranulated onion
10 lbwhole boston butt
·large banana leaves
·**substitute 2 tbsp liquid smoke & 1/4 cup extra virgin olive for smoked olive oil**
·**substitute banana peels for banana leaves**
How to Make Logan's Smoked Boston Butt Kalua
- Combine garlic, olive oil, parsley, pepper flakes, sea salts, and onion in a small container.
- Pierce pork all over with a sharp knife. Stick slices of garlic along with marinate down each whole. Rub remaining marinate all over pork. Cover and marinate overnight.
- Prep smoker to 250-275 degrees.
- Completely wrap pork with damp banana leaves. Wrap pork in foil tightly.
- Smoke for 3 hours, poke holes just though the foil on top and sides. This will allow the pork to get additional smoking. Continue to smoke for 4-4 ½ hours.
- Remove pork from foil and banana leaves, on middle rack in oven and broil on high for 5 minutes or so to brown the skin.