Lima Beans & Sausage
Great served with crescent rolls and honey!
This recipe was given to me by Lois Osland (gr.6 teacher) in about 1979 or 1980.
- 2 c
- large, uncooked lima beans
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp
- dark syrup
- 1 tsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 c
- 1 lb
- polish sausage
How to Make Lima Beans & Sausage
- 1Soak the beans over night (or several hours). Pour off soaking water, discard, and add fresh water to cover. Simmer 1/2 hour. Drain, reserve cokking water.
- 2Dissolve the salt, sugar, syrup and vinegar in some of the cooking water. Put it into roaster with the beans. Add enough reserved water to cover.
Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees, covered. (Watch...if it begins to dry out add a bit more of the reserved bean liquid).
- 3After 1 hour, add the cream and bake in oven 1 more hour. Add polish sausages about 1/2 hour after you add the cream.