KOREAN PORK SKEWERS
3 Tbspthai chili paste
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbsprice vinegar
1 Tbspfresh ginger, minced
1 Tbspgarlic, minced
1/2 tsphot red pepper flakes
1pork tenderloin weighing about 1lb(you want to get at least 30 slices)
·scallion, thinly sliced for garnish
TIP: TIP: IF YOU DON’T HAVE ESPECIALLY SHARP KNIVES, FREEZE THE PORK TENDERLOIN AN HOUR OR SO BEFORE SLICING.
How to Make KOREAN PORK SKEWERS
- Mix chili paste, soy, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Place your thinly sliced pork in a quart-size zipperlock bag; add marinade, mix well and seal. Refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 2 days(great make ahead recipe).
- When ready to serve, adjust oven rack to highest position and turn broiler on high.
- Thread each pork slice onto a toothpick(soak the picks in water for at least an hour so they don't burn easily) and place on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil until golden brown and just cooked through, about 5 minutes. For extra flavor and great color, garnish with thinly sliced scallion greens and serve.