Kalua Pork (does NOT have Kahlua liquor…gross)
How to Make Kalua Pork (does NOT have Kahlua liquor…gross)
- Pierce pork all over with carving fork. Don't use a regular fork because it won't go in far enough.
- Rub pork all over with salt and then the liquid smoke.
- Place pork into a large dry crock pot. (You don't need to add any liquid to the pot because the pork will create it's own juices.)
Cook on low for 16-20 hrs turning once halfway through.
***Every crock pot is a little different so that's why the cooking time varies.
- After the pork is done cooking it should fall right off the bone or fall apart if you're using a boneless roast.
Remove meat from crockpot and shred. Pour the liquid out of the crock pot and reserve in a saucepan.
- Add shredded pork back into crop pot and turn dial to "keep warm"
Add reserved juices to moisten the shredded meat. This can be done periodically if you're serving buffet style.
- Serve with Kings Hawaiian rolls or any kind of roll you like. My friends like to add BBQ sauce to theirs but I prefer it just the way it is.