Julie's Viener Schnitzel
6 largethick pork lionchops
6 largeeggs beaten
4 ccracker crumbs unseasoned
1 cclairfied butter or real butter
2 cwhite flour
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspfresh ground black pepper
1/4 cand a tad more water
How to Make Julie's Viener Schnitzel
- Buy nice thick pork lion chops, pound down and rinse. Paper towel dry and then season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each pork chop and dust in flour on both sides. Next dip in egg wash(six eggs beaten) no milk/ or water in the eggs please.
- Dip in bread crumbs or cracker crumbs (un-seasoned)then dip again in egg wash again and dip again in bread crumbs. (Making sure to double dip each chop in bread or cracker crumbs).
- Next fry in clarified butter and real butter until golden.
- When all is fried. Drain some of the butter out of the pan and add the (1/4 cup water and a tad more) to the bottom of the pan. Cover pan and put on simmer for 1 hour & 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and a side of hot german potato salad. Recipe coming. Enjoy
- Note: This dish is delicious because it's fried in butter. I know some people can't eat butter because high content in cholesterol. I think I spelled it right. Anyway, this dish will loose it's special flavor if fried in oil or margerine. So if you make it only occasionaly I am sure one serving wont hurt. I serve a glass of wine with this meal. Wine counteracts and lowers cholesterol. So go ahead and enjoy.