Jodie's Brats, Kraut and Dumplings
- brats (beer)
- 1 large
- sauerkraut (jar) (vlassic)
- 1 small
- apples, chopped or 2 tbsp apple butter
- 1 pinch
- caraway seeds
- beer (heini)
- water (vlassic jar)
- 1 tsp
- rosemary, dried
- 1 pinch
How to Make Jodie's Brats, Kraut and Dumplings
- 1Make dumplings after meat and sauerkraut has simmered for 20 minutes....
4 c flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pinch thyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp parsley
1/8 C cooking oil or bacon grease
ADD MILK AND OR FLOUR AS NEEDED TILL DOUGH COMES AWAY FROM THE BOWL...
In mixing bowl place, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder,salt...Mix and Add milk, stir till dough is formed all dry ingredients are mixed in...Add cooking oil, or olive oil, or bacon grease..
Stir till ball forms and dough comes away from bowl..If still sticky add a TBSP of flour at a time and mix well...If too dry add a TBSP of milk at a time and mix well till consistency is met...
large tablespoons or soup spoons place spoonful into liquid....simmer 30 minutes
- 2Brown brats and apples or apple butter in a dutch oven with olive oil, add sauerkraut, spices, and beer, add 1/2 jar of water to the pot with brats and stir...simmer 20 minutes with lid off...
- 3Now Drop in dumpling dough into the liquid by spoonfuls and then place lid on tight...simmer for 30 minutes...Serve Hot....