Jimmy Dean Taco Bake
- 1 pkg
- jimmy dean premium pork roll sausage
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, un-drained (14.5 oz each)
- 1 can(s)
- kidney beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/4 oz
- taco seasoning mix
- 10 c
- tortilla chips
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional)
How to Make Jimmy Dean Taco Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage and onion in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to skillet.
- 2Add tomatoes, beans, water and seasoning mix; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3Place broken tortilla chips in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with layers of 1 cup cheese, sausage mixture and remaining cheese.
- 4Bake 30 minutes. Cut into 8 squares. Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.