Jenn's Cheesy Faux Taters
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 - 8oz pkg
- philidelphia cream cheese (or other generic brands)
- 1 lb
- lean ground sausage
- 1 large
- head of cauliflower, washed with stem cut off
- 1 pkg
- smoked cheddar cheese (can substitute gueyer or another cheese of your choosing)
How to Make Jenn's Cheesy Faux Taters
- 1Wash and trim the stem off of the head of Cauliflower and put it into a large pot of water, stem up. Cook on high heat until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain water.
- 2Cook sausage until brown and drain off fat/oil. Shred the block of Smoked Cheddar cheese, and set both aside.
- 3Using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese* and cooked cauliflower together until smooth and creamy. The texture should be similar to mashed potatoes. *You can add extra cream cheese if needed so that it fits your desired consistancy.
- 4Once the cream cheese and cauliflower mixture is creamy, fold in the sausage and transfer mixture to a 8x8 glass baking dish. Spread cheese evenly and place in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for approx. 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve and Enjoy!