1 lbground beef
1 lbmild pork sausage
1green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
3 clovegarlic, chopped
1onions, yellow, medium, diced
2 can(s)(15 oz) tomato sauce
2 c(15 oz) diced tomatoes
2 Tbspitalian seasoning
2 celbow macaroni, uncooked
1 Tbspseasoned salt
How to Make Jeanne's Goulash
- Brown the ground beef and ground pork over medium-high heat. Break up the meat while cooking. Spoon off any grease.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pot and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water, along with the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and pepper. Stir well. Cover and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to sit about 15 minutes more before serving.