Jack Daniels Cream Pork Chops
4thick boneless pork chops
1 Tbspolive oil
WHISKEY CREAM SAUCE
3 Tbspolive oil
1 lbmushrooms, sliced
1/2 cyellow onions, minced
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 1/2 cchicken stock
1/2 cheavy cream
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
1/3 cjack daniel's whiskey
1 tspcorn starch
1 Tbspbasil, fresh, chopped
·sea salt and pepper
How to Make Jack Daniels Cream Pork Chops
- Place pork chops in a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and hit the pork with a meat mallet to tenderize.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Season the chops with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Brown about 4 minutes per side. Turn the chops one more time, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer chops to an oven-proof dish; cover with foil and set aside. When the sauce is almost finished, place the chops in a preheated 400F oven for approx. 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Drain grease from the skillet the chops were cooked in; add butter and olive oil.
- Sautee onions and mushrooms in the butter and olive oil until the mushrooms are browned (10-15 min).
- Add garlic and continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons chicken stock in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining chicken stock, vinegar and whiskey to the skillet; boil slowly until sauce is reduced by over half, stirring frequently.
- Add the cornstarch mixture; stir continually and cook an additional minute or two.
- Add the cream and simmer several minutes until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Add the basil.
- Take the chops from the oven, and add to the sauce. Let rest a bit before serving.