IZOBEL`S BRAISED PORK BELLY ( HUMBA )
JANUARIE GIBERSON - FERNANDEZ
2 lbpork belly cut into serving pieces
1 cpineapple juice, unsweetened
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 csoy sauce, dark
1 largebayleaf ( 1 piece only )
1 tsppeppercorns ( cracked )
1 tspolive oil, extra virgin
1 largehardboiled egg ( sliced ) - optional
1 largered onion ( chopped )
How to Make IZOBEL`S BRAISED PORK BELLY ( HUMBA )
- Combine 2 pounds pork belly with 1 cup pineapple juice, 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup soy sauce dark, 1 piece bayleaf, 1 tsp cracked peppercorns, 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp salt & 1 large chopped onion. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Transfer everything in a cooking pot.
- In a medium heat, cook for 30 minutes, then mix & add 1/2 cup water. Then continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Once the pork belly is tender enough, taste it and adjust the salt and or sugar according to your taste and liking.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Let it sit for another 10 minutes to get that perfect taste.
Serve hot with white rice. Arrange 1 sliced of boiled egg on top of the dish.
- Note: You can add dried banana blossom and raisins if you wish. Dried banana blossom is available in all oriental stores all over the world.