ITIALIAN SAUSAGE WITH PEPPERS/ONION/TOMATOES
My family loves it especially when served with mashed potatoes. Be sure to use Slavacek's Garlic sausage if you can find it. HEB and Walmart sells it here.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large
- yellow onion
- 3 large
- green bell pepper thinly sliced
- roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- seasoned salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 3 pkg
- slovacek's garlic link sausage (sliced)
How to Make ITIALIAN SAUSAGE WITH PEPPERS/ONION/TOMATOES
- 1Heat butter and oil in dutch oven on stove top over med-high heat.
- 2When butter is melted add peppers and onions. Cook until tender. Season peppers and onions with salt, peppers and season salt to taste.
- 3Add tomatoes and sausage. Turn heat on low and cover. Allow sausage and tomatoes to "sweat for approx. 20 min. Add lemon juice and serve.