Italian-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
My husband (mostly) assembled this for dinner with his parents. I walked in to the most wonderful smells. . . I couldn't stop myself from trying the rice. And, can you believe it? I think the Alfredo mix was too much -- it was incredible without it! We've now found an acceptable Easter dinner.
- whole pork tenderloins, about 1 lb each
- 2 Tbsp
- 8 oz
- fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 c
- green onions, sliced
- 6 oz
- pkg long grain and wild rice mix, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped and toasted
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp
- dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- 10 oz
- alfredo sauce
- 3 Tbsp
- chardonnay or other dry white wine
How to Make Italian-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 4Divide reserved 3/4 cup rice mixture between slits in pork tenderloins, spreading evenly in slits. Close slits; secure with toothpicks. Stir together Italian seasoning and salt in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over top of pork tenderloins. Place pork tenderloins on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast tenderloins, uncovered, for 25 - 30 minutes until internal temperature is 160*F. Bake casserole of rice mixture alongside tenderloins.
- 5Meanwhile, for sauce, combine Alfredo sauce and Chardonnay in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until bubbly.
- 6To serve, spoon rice mixture onto serving platter. Remove toothpicks from tenderloins. Cut pork tenderloins into 1" thick slices; arrange on rice mixture on platter. Serve sauce with pork and rice mixture.