Italian Stallion Pizza (My hubby's favorite)
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one hefty, hearty pizza! We LOVED this dish - men, women and children alike. We did add a smidge more sauce and cheese than is called for in the recipe. You know, just to make it EXTRA decadent! The Test Kitchen
1 tsporegano, dried
1 tspbasil, dried
4 slicehard salami, sliced
4 slicecapicola, deli sliced
1 ccooked hamburger
1loaf of crusty italian bread
2 pinchred pepper flakes
1/4 cspaghetti sauce (i use prego traditional)
1/4 cmozzarella cheese,shredded
4 slicefresh mozzarella, diced up in cubes
1/4 cdiced green peppers
·olive oil, drizzled
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Italian Stallion Pizza (My hubby's favorite)
- Slice all meats (except for hamburger) into slivers and put into a frying pan and cook on medium to high heat cook until all meat is on the crispy side.
- Brown ground beef with salt and pepper, and dice up green peppers.
- Cut 4 slices of fresh mozzarella then cube up each slice and set aside.
- Grate or finely chop the 2 garlic cloves.
- Get a large sheet pan out, drizzle the pan with olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the whole loaf of crusty italian bread into half, put the cut side (where the inside of the loaf is exposed) down and rub the bread on the pan where the bread will absorb the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Sauce both pieces of the bread, use just a small pinch of red pepper flakes for each piece, and sprinkle on the grated or finely chopped garlic, and then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese to cover the sauce.
- Pile on all the meat and green peppers then add the cubed fresh mozzarella and sprinkle the dried oregeno, and dried basil on top.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15 minutes