Italian Sausage with Peppers, Onions and Potatoes
My cousin's wife Joanne gave me this simple recipe. She lived in downtown Buffalo and had access to the some of the best Italian butcher shops. Our favorite sausage that she used for this was an
Italian sausage with cheese and parsley.
Moving to Alabama we didn't have the butcher shops that we had up north so my husband makes sausage a couple of times a year. He likes this dish so much he doesn't mind making the sausage for it.
- links of your favorite italian sausage
- 8-10 large
- potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 4 large
- onions, chunked
- 3 medium
- bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder with parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c
- hot water
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin or more to your taste
How to Make Italian Sausage with Peppers, Onions and Potatoes
- 1Prepare vegetables. Arrange sausage links in a large shallow casserole dish. Arrange vegetables around sausage.
- 2Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. Drizzle with oil. Add water to casserole dish.
- 3Seal with tin foil and bake for 1 hour at 350-degrees. Remove foil and bake an addtional 20 or so until sausage and potatoes are browned.
- 4Serve with a good Italian or French bread to sop up the juices. Or if you prefer, serve sausage on a hoagie bun that has been dipped in the juices and then top sausage with peppers and onions and serve potatoes on the side.