Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
This will go on my list of foods to make alot of.
Recipe/photo from AllRecipes.com
- 6 (4 ounce) links sweet italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine(or cooking wine)
How to Make Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
- 1Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet, and slice.
- 2Melt butter in the skillet. Stir in the yellow onion, red onion, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Season with basil, and oregano. Stir in white wine. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
- 3Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.
Can use beer instead of white wine, use yellow peppers, can add diced tomatoes and mushrooms if you wish. Great on rolls, hoagie buns, add a salad for a complete meal.