Italian Sausage Chard Rolls
- 1/3 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 lb
- italian pork sausage, without casing
- 1/2 c
- finely minced onion
- 1/2 c
- finely minced bell pepper
- 1 bunch
- chard leaves, stems removed
- 1 1/2 c
- stewed tomatoes, i used some i made this summer and froze, but canned will work
- 2 c
- fresh tomato sauce with italian seasonings, your favorite canned pasta sauce will work as well
- 1/8 c
- freshly grated parmasean cheese
How to Make Italian Sausage Chard Rolls
- 4In a separate mixing bowl combine stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 6Lay chard on cutting board. Depending on the leaves, you may use one or two - just make sure it will cover your filling.
- 8Wrap chard around filling in opposite directions.
- 9Tuck sides under.