ITALIAN PEPPERED PORK ROAST--BONNIE'S
Photo by Jon Sullivan
- 3 to 4
- pound boneless pork roast
- teaspoons italian seasoning, crushed
- teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- teaspoon celery seed
- teaspoon salt
- to 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- large potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- large carrots cut into 1/2 slices
- onions quartered
- cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- cup of beef broth
How to Make ITALIAN PEPPERED PORK ROAST--BONNIE'S
- 1Mix the Italian seasoning, fennel seed and celery seed together , and crush.
- 2Mix together all the seasonings with the fresh ground black pepper. Rub this mixture all over the surfaces of the pork roast. Brown the roast in a little oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Turn it often to brown evenly on all sides. Give it a good searing.
- 3Place potatoes, carrots and garlic in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Pour the broth over the vegetables. Place the pork roast on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until the pork is very tender and the vegetables are done. Slice the pork in 1/2 slices. To serve: Place a serving of pork on a dinner plate with the carrots, potatoes and onions, and then ladle juices from the crockpot over the food. Enjoy!
- 4COOK'S TIPS:
This roast fed three people three great dinners! The first night, we had it as Roast Pork and vegetables with au jus.
The second night, we had sliced pork warmed up in a gravy made in the juices the roast cooked in. I added cornstarch to the gravy to thicken it. Less fat this way and all flavor. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
The third night, we had roast pork sandwiches and my oven potato wedges. Just add 3/4 bottle of Mesquite barbecue sauce (in a small crockpot) to the leftover shredded pork. (avoid sweet barbecue sauces with the Italian seasonings) Turn it on high for one hour, and it is ready. Serve on soft wheat rolls. I will add a picture above for this.