ITALIAN PEPPERED PORK ROAST--BONNIE'S
Photo by Jon Sullivan
- 3 to 4
- pound boneless pork roast
- teaspoons italian seasoning, crushed
- teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- teaspoon celery seed
- teaspoon salt
- to 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- large potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- large carrots cut into 1/2 slices
- onions quartered
- cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- cup of beef broth
This roast fed three people three great dinners! The first night, we had it as Roast Pork and vegetables with au jus.
The second night, we had sliced pork warmed up in a gravy made in the juices the roast cooked in. I added cornstarch to the gravy to thicken it. Less fat this way and all flavor. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
The third night, we had roast pork sandwiches and my oven potato wedges. Just add 3/4 bottle of Mesquite barbecue sauce (in a small crockpot) to the leftover shredded pork. (avoid sweet barbecue sauces with the Italian seasonings) Turn it on high for one hour, and it is ready. Serve on soft wheat rolls. I will add a picture above for this.