1 lb80/20 ground beef or 97/3 ground turkey
1 lbitalian sausage or turkey italian sausage, mild
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
1/2 cbread crumbs, dry
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2of a yellow onion, grated
5 clovegarlic, minced
·crushed red pepper flake to taste
·a few splashes of worcestershire sauce
324-oz or 28-oz jars of pasta sause ( i like trader joe's tuscano marinara or classico tomato and basil)
How to Make Italian Meatballs
- In a large sauce pot add tomato sauce bring to a simmer. Hold on low heat until meatballs are ready.
- Combine beef or turkey, sausage, italian seasoning, eggs( if the mixture seems dry after one egg then add the second one), bread crumbs, onion, garlic, worcestershire, red pepper flake, salt and pepper. If the mixture seems too wet add more bread crumbs. Cook a little piece of meat before forming balls, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Form the mixture into 2 inch balls. Fry in a saute pan heated to medium heat and coated with olive oil until done about 10-15 minutes. You may need to cook them in batches so you don't over crowd the pan.
- Or you can bake them on a sheet pan coated with olive oil in a 350 oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Add to tomato sauce with a little of the pan drippings and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with a pasta of your choice.